100% Online. No travel or expensive books needed. Become a certified babysitter today!
This childcare and babysitting certification course (CABS) is an introductory education program that covers child safety and basic care techniques. Created especially for kids and teens ages 11 and up who are interested in becoming babysitters. Taught in full compliance with the most up-to-date American Academy of Pediatrics, American Red Cross, American Safety & Health Institute, and Canadian OHS (and recommended provincial standards) curriculums.
In-depth online lecture materials are supplemented with easy-to-follow videos
Many students finish the course in less than two hours. However, course work does not need to be completed in one sitting. You may log off at any point and return to the course at your convenience
Certificate of completion and a temporary wallet card available for printing immediately upon course completion
Full-color permanent wallet card mailed to your address within 2 business days. Valid for up to 2 years!
- babysitter's information sheet and checklist available for download from course page
- unlimited certificate submission via fax to any number in the US, which allows you to forward proof of your certification to any potential future employer
30-day unlimited access to course material
Advantages of taking the course online
More and more students are turning to online courses for a variety of reasons, but here are some of the best ones:
1. Convenience - with online courses, you can learn on your own schedule while going to school and/or even working a part-time job in the meantime. Even better, you can read and study during the times of the day when you're at your most productive level and not when the training center or hospital says you should be. Also convenient is that if you find that you're truly overwhelmed with balancing the workload and your other commitments, you may be able to stop the course and restart when you're ready.
2. Control - aside from the time management aspects, with online courses you have more control of the learning process, i.e., you can learn at your own pace. You have the freedom to skim subjects you know well from other courses or from work experience and instead spend more time concentrating on other material you're having a hard time grasping. In order for this to be a true advantage, of course, you must be honest with yourself about what you know and what you don't know.
3. Cost - online courses are usually less expensive than traditional courses, particularly if you're not financially or otherwise ready to commit to a full weekend course. You will save money on travel, books, and possibly even food. Another advantage regarding cost is that you can budget when to take the course so that if you are feeling cash-strapped one week, you can always come back when your wallet says you can.
4. Commitment - no matter what class you're taking, one of the most important lessons you will learn from taking online courses is how to commit to something and follow through. In order to successfully complete online courses, you must be responsible and manage your time and resources effectively and efficiently - something traditional courses in a classroom cannot teach you.
The number one priority of this course is to keep you and the children you care for safe. Babysitting is not just "watching" the children, but being responsible for their safety and wellbeing. When you are caring for a child, you are taking care of a parent's most cherished treasure. Everything in their home and your home can be replaced - everything, that is, except a child. Babysitting is a big responsibility.
Topics covered include
Starting your business
Infant / child sleep time
Taming the tots
Infant / child feeding
Basic first aid / CPR
and so much more!
When you make the decision to become a babysitter, you have just become a business owner. Whether its "Carolyn's Babysitting Service" or "Christopher's Babysitting", you are the owner. You also are the one who decides how successful your business is going to be. If you're a great babysitter, your business will thrive. If you're a not-so-great babysitter - well, lets just say the business may soon be out of business. Every business needs a business plan. This course will cover all you need to know to get started and to help you make your business and your babysitting skills a successful endeavor.
Screenshots and Live sample
Please click on image to enlarge
Sample CABS Certificate
Course Preview 1
Course Preview 2
I love the mymedcerts.com website! It provides me with all the information i need to becoming a well heard of babysitter! Thank you mymedcerts.com!!! - R.B.
I have been so busy that i cant stay somewhere for a whole day so, this is amazing. - E.S.
I like this program because it contains just the right amount of information, videos, and ever thing u need to know about babysitting - H.K.
It was great! There was nothing you could change or need to change. - B. L.
Thank you for making this so available. Sincerely, R. R.
Taking this course online was quite convenient Thanks. - E.G.